Brittany joined Shelly-Lyons in January of 2017 after several years as an associate at a lobbying and communications firm in Harrisburg. Prior to making the jump into public relations, she was the Managing Editor of PoliticsPA.com, an insiders blog on the electoral and legislative happenings of the Commonwealth. During her tenure, the pseudonym for the editor, Sy Snyder, was named to the Washington Post’s list of best statehouse reporters.
She is a regular speaker on using social media for advocacy and has appeared at conferences including:
• Lehigh University, Lecturer – “Social Entrepreneurship & Nonprofit Management”
• International Association of Business Communicators, Panelist – “Branding Political Candidates”
• Education Policy and Leadership Center, Panelist – “Policy Players and the Process”
• PHELAP, Panelist – “Social Media and the Legislative Process”
• United Way of Pennsylvania, Panelist – “Social Media Development”
• PA Center for Women in Politics, Panelist – “Making A Difference: Women & Advocacy”
• Lehigh University, Lecturer – “Entrepreneurial Communications for Creative Industries”
• Muhlenberg College, Panelist – “2014 Election”
• Penn State University, Lecturer – Bronstein lecture in ethics and public relations
Brittany is a Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude graduate of Lehigh University where she majored in Political Science with minors in Philosophy and Mass Communications. She earned a Master of Arts in Politics and Policy, also from Lehigh University, in just 12 months as a Presidential Scholar.
In 2016, she won both City & State’s “40 Under 40” and PoliticsPA’s “30 Under 30” awards.
She is a board member of the United Way of Pennsylvania.
You can find her on Twitter @BritCrampsie.