Freelance Web Reporter – WFMZ.com – January 2013 – present
- Attend and report from municipal meetings in the LehighValley, including Pen Argyl, Parkland, Catasauqua School Boards and the Palmer Township Board of Supervisors
- Samples can be found under the Writing Portfolio tab
Community Fellow, Campaign Coordinator – RenewLV – January – December 2013
- Coordinate public outreach and community engagement for HUD funded grant, EnvisionLehighValley to promote sustainable growth and cooperative communities.
- Write newsletters, design creative materials, plan and script virtual townhalls, blog for RenewLV, maintain all social media platforms for Renew and Envision
- Track and report outreach analytics
- Design and plan a full-day smart growth conference to be held in the fall of 2013 with multiple workshop options and three plenaries.
Social Media Intern – Saladax Biomedical - May 2013 – Present
- Design social media plan that includes the use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Identify target audiences and ideal content to share.
- Generate weekly metrics reports and tweak strategic plan to maximize the use of each channel.
Freelance Web Editor – November 2012 – Present
- Revamp websites, redesign and reorganize content. Upload and update content as requested.
- Employers include: Mock Turtle, IceHouse Tonight, Sierra Club of the Lehigh Valley, Earth Days on the Greenway
Bethlehem Blogger – Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce – Fall 2012
- Develop and write content for the B!News Insider blog on the news and events of the Downtown Bethlehem area. Update the site five times per week to promote the business owners in the Historic and Southside districts.
- Recurring posts include: Merchant Mondays, 5 Things To Do This Weekend, Bethlehem History
Government Relations and Communications Intern – Triad Strategies –Summers of 2011 and 2012
- Write content for the blog, The Triadvocate, on topics from veterinary medicine to state legislation. Generate copy for marketing campaigns and organize social media platforms. Draft and edit press releases for a myriad of clients of the public affairs firm.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics for client interests
- Research, database development to complete a comprehensive media outreach list for the state of Pennsylvania. This database includes traditional and new media platforms.
- Summarize legislation into memorandum format
Research Intern – ArtsQuest President Jeff Parks – Spring 2012
- Conduct research on art, community development, nonprofits and brownfield reuse. This research is to be used for future planning of ArtsQuest as well as for use in future publications
Contributing Writer – PoliticsPA – Fall 2011
- Covered state politics for the state’s most popular political news website, aggregated headlines from regional newspapers for daily Morning Buzz, wrote approximately three stories per week
- Samples may be found under the Writing Portfolio tab
Constituent Services Intern – State Rep. Joseph Brennan – Spring 2011
Campaign Intern – Organizing for America (Bethlehem, PA) – Fall 2010
Constituent Services Intern – Congressman Charles Dent – Spring 2010
M.A. Politics and Policy ● Presidential Scholar ● Community Fellow
B.A. Political Science, minors: Mass Communication and Philosophy
Academic and Leadership Awards
Phi Beta Kappa
Lehigh University President’s Scholar – 2013
Undergraduate Dean’s List (3.89/4.0 GPA)
Undergraduate Student Senate – “Senator of the Year” in 2012
Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society – President
Baker Gifted Arts Scholar for cello performance
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Silver Key – Scholastic Writing Competition – Winter 2008, “Short Short Story” category